Thursday, May 12, 2016

To the man who stands behind his woman who has migraines



In Celtic tradition there is a word for what you are to me. "Anam Cara" which means soul friend. You are the person in this world that my soul has connected to and feels safe with. I can confide in you and be myself with you.

That is why I want to thank you for always being here for me, no matter what. It's hard to be with someone with migraines. Some people think others exaggerate about migraines, and they think we are just having a normal headache.

But you have seen me at my worst with migraines. You are there when I wake up at 3am with such an intense migraine that I can barely move. You are there to help me take some medicine, you hold me and rub my back while I wait for the medicine to kick in. You come home after a long day at work, but as soon as you see the lights turned off, the curtains closed and the Grinch playing quietly then you know what's wrong. I don't even have to say a word, you get changed crawl into bed and play with my hair as I fight the pain and nausea.

You don't always get to have fun because of my migraines. Sometimes dates get canceled because I can't leave the bed because of the throbbing. Sometimes outings get cut short because being in the heat too long is a trigger. And sometimes you cant enjoy simple things like a snack because the dark chocolate or coconut is also a trigger.

I sometimes feel like my migraines are holding you back and that you deserve better. But then I think about how everyday you tell me how much you love me. I think about the beautiful poems you write me every morning. And I think about those two words that mean so much to me. Anam Cara, cause you are not only my soul friend, you are my soul mate. I can't see spending my life without you in it.
So this is me saying thank you for always being there for me, for always helping me get through the day and for finding me in this world. The world would be a darker place for me without you in it.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment